Only 90 Miles North of Seattle, Washington
Whale Watching in the San Juan Islands!
Why Choose Western Prince?
1. GREAT CREW: We have some of the best Captains and Naturalists in whale watching. We love what we do and we are passionate about sharing and protecting the wonderful whales and wildlife of the San Juan Islands. A great crew makes all the difference.
2. CONSERVATION MINDED: We pledge at least 4% of our profits for conservation, and we feel strongly that education is a key part of our trips. We hope you will come away with memories to last a lifetime and a newfound appreciation for the natural world.
3. SMALL GROUPS: We are not the largest whale watching company, nor do we strive to be. Quality tours and personal interaction is what we are all about.
4. THE BEST BOATS: The Western Prince II (32 passengers) is one of the finest tour boats around, fully customized to enhance your whale watching experience in the San Juan Islands. The Western Explorer (15 passengers, similar to a Zodiac) is the only boat of its kind in Washington State, offering longer range "expedition style" adventure tours.
5. PERFECT LOCATION: Friday Harbor (90 miles north of Seattle) is in the heart of the typical summer range for Southern Resident Killer Whales, meaning that we generally have less travel time and more possibilities than mainland boats. The Society of American Travel Writers recently rated the ferry ride to San Juan Island #4 out of the 10 most exciting ferry rides in the world!
Join us on a whale watching tour from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, just 90 miles north of Seattle, Washington. Breathe the fresh island air, take in the scenery, and experience the magnificence of seeing Orca (Killer) Whales, Minke Whales, Bald Eagles, Porpoises, Seals, Sea Birds and Sea Lions in their natural environment. We provide quality whale watching and wildlife tours with a personal touch. Skilled local Naturalists make our trips fun, informative and interactive, and our Owner/Captain is dedicated to making your whale watching & wildlife trip an experience of a lifetime.
Our whale watching and wildlife trip will take you deep into the territory of the Southern Resident Killer Whale (Orca), the most magnificent of Washington’s wildlife. There is nothing quite as spectacular as the sight of a pod of Orca whales along the protected coastlines of the San Juan Islands. A whale watching trip from Friday Harbor is the perfect choice for any vacation in the Pacific Northwest, and being near the Seattle, Washington area makes it a great day trip as well.
Dedicated and Responsible. As an active member of the Pacific Whale Watch Association, we’re dedicated to research, education and responsible wildlife and whale watching.